Spencer’s has constantly helped reshape the retail landscape in India, introducing a host of innovations to make shopping even more convenient and enjoyable for the consumer. ??
It’s a common perception that all supermarkets and hypermarkets sell the same things. However, Spencer’s proves that wrong. While it does stock a lot of what others stock, it puts in a great deal of effort to stock a unique range of products as well.
- Spencer’s Gourmet Centre: Run by a food scientist cum Cordon Bleu Chef, the food innovation wing researches world cuisines and develops recipes for a wide range of popular and trendsetting dishes. These form the basis for developing its own range of products, which includes delicious cookies, sauces, pickles, juices and jams.
- Spencer's Patisserie: The goodies from the patisserie are freshly baked daily in the live bakeries situated within the hypermarkets. The offerings include specialty breads, bakery and confectionary items, crafted from Indian and International recipes. The selection includes specialty breads such as the Italian Focaccia, the French Baguette, the Mexican Spicy Salsa Picante Bread, the Indian Masala Bread, and the regular white, multigrain, wholewheat and masala breads. The bakery also churns out hot puffs, dry fruit cakes, assorted cookies , cakes and pastries.
- Spencer’s Gourmet: A special section in it’s hypermarkets that retails over 4000 products from the finest locales around the world, the Spencer’s Gourmet section is the perfect spot for the well-travelled food connoisseur. It’s the best place to buy international ingredients, be it for Thai, Chinese, Indonesian, American, Chilean, Argentinian, Italian, French, Spanish, Sri Lankan, British or Japanese dishes.
- Wine & Spirits: Wine ignoramuses or aficionados, this section caters to both, with a wide range of wines expertly selected from as many as 181 countries. Spencer’s was, in fact, the first Indian retailer to offer a selection of Wine & Spirits in its stores, and the first to present an in-store wine and cheese tasting experience to shoppers.
- Fish & Meat: Spencer’s has a dedicated space to sell fresh non-vegetarian items, be it the finest pre-packaged cold cuts or fresh seafood – right from live tanks in-store.
- Epicuisine: Spencer’s recently launched a new section called Epicuisine, which serves ready to eat dishes and ready to drink juices, some from it’s very own live in-store kitchen, and some packaged from popular restaurants and caterers in the geography.
- Edutainment Booklets: Want to serve wine but not sure how? Want a recipe for preparing cheese fondue? Curious to know why organic food is supposed to be better for you? Pick up a booklet and find out. From the story of olive oil to the origins of cocktails, the Spencer’s edutainment booklets tell you about the products on offer and how to use them.
- Live Kitchens: Live Counters with Master Chefs preparing gourmet delights are always popular at buffets. Spencer’s brought the concept to its stores in the form of the Spencer’s Chef Corner, a first-of-its-kind in-store experience that involved customers. From Salads to Sushi, Pastas to Satays to Cheese, the Spencer’s Chef Corner gives customers an opportunity to learn more about their favourite world cuisines.